What happens during your first visit to Parkside Pediatrics?
During the first office visit, your child's doctor will assess your baby in a variety of ways to determine his or her overall state of health. You can expect your child’s physician to:
• measure your baby's weight, length, and head circumference to assess how he or she has been doing since birth
• observe your newborn's vision, hearing, and reflexes
• perform a full physical examination to check for any abnormalities of the body or organ function
• answer questions about how you as parents are doing with your new baby and how your infant is eating and sleeping
• give advice on what you can expect in the coming month
• discuss your home environment and how it might affect your baby's health
• discuss the results of screening tests performed on your newborn after birth as they become available
As always, bring any questions or concerns to your child's doctor at this time. Make sure to write down any specific questions that you might have so nothing is forgotten.